Ever since I was a teenager, I’ve been prone to developing bronchitis. Every time it hits me, my lungs will get congested with fluid and I’ll cough non-stop through the day and night for a month on average. Nothing seemed to help or, if it did, it was only temporarily. Until recently.
Almost a month ago, my lungs were congested again. I had been researching the health benefits of raw garlic, which includes:
- Traditional cough and cold remedy
- Helps in the treatment of tuberculosis
- Relieves sore throat and toothache
- Powerful antioxidant (garlic contains high levels of selenium and Vitamin C)
- Boosts immune system to fight infection
- Helps lower bad cholesterol levels (LDL)
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Remedy for arteriosclerosis
- Good for the heart
- Anticoagulant properties
- Helps relieve rheumatism pain
- Reduces cancer risk and also aids in treatment
Garlic is known to have antibiotic, antifungal and antibacterial properties, so it has been used for centuries to treat many health problems. To cut to the chase, I decided to eat a whole bulb of garlic daily more than three weeks ago. That’s anything from 12-16 cloves of raw garlic each day. I ate half a bulb twice a day – once in the morning and once in the evening, with food and lots of water to prevent any burning sensation in my stomach as the garlic went down. To my surprise, my congested lungs cleared up in less than 36 hours.
As a bonus, I realised that I was no longer suffering from fatigue, a malady which had been plaguing me for more than a fortnight, forcing me to take naps almost every day. I haven’t felt tired or sleepy ever since I started eating raw garlic daily.
So I’ve been burping something terrible every day, and passing more gas than I’ve ever had in my whole life but, having seen how garlic has improved my health and well-being so far, I’m going to keep eating a whole bulb of raw garlic daily just to see what else garlic may remedy in my body. I’ll keep you posted.