Far Infrared Rays Therapy – The Power Of Life Force Healing
My sister’s new magnetic bracelet is probably the mother-of-all magnetic bracelets. Why? It incorporates four kinds of technologies into one bracelet – Unipolar Neodymium Magnets, Far Infrared Rays Therapy (FIR), Negative Ions and Germanium. I examined Unipolar Neodymium Magnets in my last post. Now let’s look at Far Infrared Rays Therapy (FIR).
Far Infrared Rays (FIR) are waves of energy, invisible to the naked eye, capable of penetrating deep into the human body, where they gently elevate the body’s surface temperature and stimulate major bodily functions. Far Infrared Rays are specific wavelengths of light from the sun, invisible rays of natural sunlight which are safe and beneficial to health. These rays of light are particularly abundant in the morning and evening sun.
Far Infrared Rays are radiant heat, also called infrared energy (IR). This is completely different from ultraviolet radiation (the type which burns your skin) and atomic radiation (the kind from a nuclear bomb).
FIR is also the ‘chi’ (or “Qi”) life force energy in humans and animals. We are constantly emitting far infrared rays without realising it. When FIR intensity in our bodies is high, the immune system functions properly, healing is more efficient and we feel healthy. When FIR declines, we become prone to disease and illness and tend to age more quickly.
Our bodies radiate far infrared energy through the skin at 3 to 50 microns, with most output at 9.4 microns. Our palms also emit FIR energy, between 8 and 14 microns. Palm Healing, an ancient Chinese practice, has used the healing properties of far infrared rays for 3,000 years. Palm Healing practitioners harness energy and heat radiating from their hands to heal, similar to Reiki healers. Recent research in Taiwan measured significant far infrared energy emitted from the hands of Chi Gong masters. Yogis in India also practise Palm Healing and recommend it especially for relieving eye strain. Thermal therapy has existed for thousands of years, and can be traced to ancient civilizations such as the Finns, the Romans, American Indians, as well as the Chinese.
Since ancient times, people have believed that exposure to sunshine can maintain and even enhance health. Sun therapy is a form of natural FIR thermal therapy. FIR is the band of energy which has the greatest output from the sun and this is split into three different wavelengths. Wavelengths in the region of four to 14 microns are the safest and most beneficial to life. My sister’s NewTeq4 magnetic bracelet has ceramic inserts specifically designed to produce Far Infrared Rays with a frequency identical to the sun spectrum’s greatest output.
The human body is composed of 90% water. Far infrared rays cause resonance in water molecules, activating them and ionizing them. Because of this effect, FIR heat therapy offers a variety of health and beauty benefits.
When Far Infrared Rays penetrate the skin, they come into contact with proteins, collagen, fats and water molecules. By stimulating micro-vibrations, FIR cause a thermal reaction which elevates tissue temperatures. Tissues are revitalised because of improved (micro & macro) circulation. This dilates the capillaries, supports blood flow and helps to improve oxygen levels. Stored toxins are flushed out more easily, as is achieving a higher level of cell health.
1) Far Infrared dilates (expands) capillaries, which facilitates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygenation.
2) Far Infrared aids detoxification. Scientists in Japan report that when FIR is used to treat clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. The elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood is promoted. Poisons, carcinogenic heavy metals, toxic substances from food processing, lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue, excess sodium associated with hypertension, uric acid which causes pain – these are more easily flushed out of the body. Sebaceous glands are activated which helps purge cosmetics clogging the pores, via sweat and oil glands, rather than by the kidneys.
3) Far Infrared stimulates enzyme activity and metabolism. It has been claimed that FIR heat can even break down cellulite as it eliminates trapped water, fat and waste.
4) Far Infrared promotes the killing of many pathogenic (disease-causing) bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
5) FIR promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on fibroblasts, connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury. It promotes cell growth, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis – all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. This aids in the healing of burns, scar tissue and skin problems.
6) Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax autoneuro muscles, thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR eases soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are warmed up.
7) Far Infrared strengthens the immune system by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
8) Far Infrared strengthens the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease. Extensive research by NASA in the early 1980’s led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
FIR is gaining popularity as a safe method of natural health care and physiotherapy. For instance, far infrared thermometric therapy garments use thermal technology to provide compressive support and healing warmth to assist symptom control for arthritis, injury & pain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared. Far infrared heat is safe so it is used in hospital incubators to keep babies warm. With regard to domestic applications, the Japanese have integrated FIR technology into everything from hand warmers and blankets to water processors.
My next post will touch on Negative Ion technology and its use in magnetic bracelets for healing and wellness.